PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Pilot's Award ... Duty Times
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 07:55
Unhinged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Pilot's Award ... Duty Times

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I don't remember seeing it go past on Pprune, and a search didn't find anything ...

Having nothing better to do today, I was reading the 2010 Pilots Award for a giggle. I can't remember the last time anything changed except the pay rates, but ... Clause 24 is a gem ! It says that no matter whether your F&D times are determined by standard CASA rules, or exemptions, or you work under an FMS, your work hours must not average more than 38 hours per week unless you're in ag ops.

I'm sure this didn't used to be in there, and it doesn't sit easily with 90 hours/fortnight ! Anyone tried it on their employer ?

"24.2 Hours of work, days off and rest periods will be determined in accordance with the following provided that ordinary hours of work must not average more than 38 per week:
(a) the regulations approved by CASA from time to time;
(b) general or employer-specific exemptions to, or concessions under, the regulations approved by CASA from time to time; or
(c) a Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) that has been developed by the employer after consultation with the affected pilots and/or their representatives and approved by CASA to apply to particular employers and employees."