PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of Uniform
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 21:34
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You misunderstood me. The pressures to support flying I mentioned are upon the Supply org on a station. OC Logs provides the fuel, clothing, transport, furniture, spares, widgets, elastomerics etc etc and is pulled all ways by a very demanding customer base all the time. The main focus is, of course, flying - thus the dwindling manpower is spread thinly to cover all aspects but priority to the task in hand. This means the less critical areas (Clothing Stores etc) get reduced opening and lower manning. At a now-Typhoon base a few years ago I know the main Tech Stores and R&D averaged out at below 20% manned average for a year. There were better on the Sqn, but there were worse as well. They are not managing a Sqn - they are shuffling gaps to keep things moving.
Flying Clothing is beyond anything I've touched for 15 years - my last efforts were trying to get a legit reason why Air Stewards needed growbags and never really getting one - other than 'wanting to look like the rest of the crew'.