PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 19:44
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birmingham will get one eventually, theyve already proven it can be done (I know the loading was light by the A388 standards, but its been in at least)

Emirates have very few, if none deliveries of the A388 next year, so may be 2012 when BHX gets one. Id at least see an upgrade for the olympics as an extra gateway into London (and some soccer matches in coventry).

Anyone know any progress with an Indian Carrier for BHX. I personally think the fact jet airways chose MAN as a diversion station must have been annoying for BHX after all the signitures they collected (a diversion station makes it much easier to open a full station, so may lead to routes), but now AI are re-organising and seem to want to get thier act together, surely its time to re-instate BHX-ATQ, maybe as a stand alone route?

If they dont come, what is the issue with BHX. The runway is ok, AI have proven it and EK/PK show there are no issues with it day in day out. I know the LHR proximity is a small issue, but it just seems odd there is obviously demand (over 20000 signitures) but only EK want to capitalise on it?