PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK orders 32 more A380's(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 07:53
shazar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wishy-Washy airlines

Thanks for the news in this regard.

It is nonetheless a time to repeat the question of fair competition in the middle east and in particular gulf region. I would like to see Emirates operating without the financial backing and unlimited political monopoly from Dubai government to perceive the real strength of this airline. It reminds the old Arabic dictum; if you have a trick, then cheat. There are many times examples on this forum how Emirates practice deep and unfair competition and advantage!

Could European airlines or other neighbouring governments such as Bahrain and Oman with high unemployment among nationals and less strong financial muscles to do the same? Absolutely not. Emirates, Eithad and Qatar airways more or less pursues similar business practices.

I think Emirates announcement for orders of 32 A380 and alike previous ones makes a good propaganda for a weak tribal mentality unable to compete fairly. A tribal mentality can never compete fairly because fair fight means lose risk. Emirates (tribe) enjoys self-protection and impunity from anti-trust lawyers and laws organising fair competition. (remember the case of Dubai Int’l Ports in the US; they were not able to win the bid for security issues)

I think Emirates is wishy-washy airlines, foolproof and not an upfront to defend its arguments.