PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria(n) Eagle aka Air Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 07:09
18left

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKYGOD

you once posted "Bellview will never go bankrupt and will be hear for ever",so don't be shocked if your prediction with AIR NIGERIA goes the same way.

I am not a JI fan at all,he is a nasty piece of equipment,probably a required tool in this industry,time will tell!

The Mr nice guys have not succeeded either!!

i just try to disengage emotions from facts.

JI is a lawyer,so he is educated,and has far more experience in the business world than Dapo.Which is why i say if he plays smart,he has bought into a good asset,what he does with it is another thing,so its 50/50 with your prediction.

The new CEO who was Dapos deputy,has had vast experience in ETHIOPIAN,and took some commercial decisions that have paid off,which all there so called "analysts" could not pull off all this years.
I strongly believe if JI leaves him to run the show,he will turn VK around

Your measurement of Dapos performance is based on?????????

sure hope its not what you read in the press,different people will say different things,it all depends who you talk too.He has tried his best,but i believe VK project was beyond his best,besides theres no way Dapo will work with JI.

The Emirates and co that you mention,all have massive govt support.Think how Emirates would be if they got kicked out of a terminal,always "STDBY" for start up,picking birds in their engines,and using two weeks to renew their licence,or three months to get their validations,or always facing conveyor belt failure and "delay not determined",using a bus in traffic for inter terminal transfer,or been forced to night stop because no space at home base to park your aircraft,or in ability to use a wide body out of MM2 when you have the pax numbers,having to deal with NAHCO/SAHCOL who's main job is to collide with your aircraft ......................... Look at ARIK,GAT can barely contain them,any commercial decision they make they have to take capacity constraints in GAT into consideration,try parking in GAT @#(&%^$#@,and then 419MM2,the most expensive terminal in africa.

You dont need a rocket scientist to run an airline efficiently,you just need the right people in the right places,identifying these people is what makes or mars your airline,thats why cost managers will advise you contract it out till you have the know how.

On the EAS crash,JI wasnt there then,and most of these incidents are caused by tosterone over dozed pilots,the i can "tap" syndrome,prevalent amongst most pilots in Nigeria,probably myself too.

Last edited by 18left; 7th Jun 2010 at 07:25.