PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
Old 7th Jun 2010, 03:48
stealthone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares about what sheiks and mullahs say, it's about whether pilots are prepared to rattle the cage and fight for basic rights. Asian countries are hardly democracies but refusal to accept unilateral changes worked for me and some of my mates. Just imagine the situation where 1000 pilots walk into the HR office to submit their letters stating refusal to accept the contract change. I guess the legal team taking care of EK's matters is just going to lay back and laugh. Yeah I'd like to see that.
Oh no they would just put everybody into jail. For what? Challenging the management, ha ha. Yeah, that's why we have our consullar offices world wide, so put them to use.
I guess EK management would love to be in the center of the world's press attention aka 'EK being sued by pilots for contract breach'. At the end of the process so much feared sheikhs and mullah are just going to deliver the verdict that pilot contract can be breached because 'the contract' is one way street and it's not worth the paper it's written on.
Hmm, good then everyone is entitled to breach contracts, just go there get the type rating waste as much of their money and 5 months later disappear to some other airline.
Grow some spine for goodness sake.