PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
Old 6th Jun 2010, 17:56
Padania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys and gals,

One word of advice if I may. Think long and hard prior to leaving Oz for the Middle East. It is not a nice place in any way. To put up with living here they have to make it attractive and you need to be compensated adequately either financially, through lifestyle and or career wise through quick upgrades. Currently not one of those boxes are ticked at EK. It is simply not worth coming here anymore. All these boxes were ticked several years ago with great rostering and accelerated command upgrades , decent profitshare,cheap cost of living etc. These things are all gone now. If you want to experience fatigue, try short haul roster patterns with ultra long haul east - west flying. The cost of living has literally doubled in the time I have been here. As an FO here with a young family and a mortgage back home you will find it very difficult to get ahead financially. This being the case I would much prefer to live some where nice like OZ and not get ahead financially there with a better quality of life. But by all means come and join so you can open up some job opportunities for us back in OZ.