PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
Old 6th Jun 2010, 08:06
stealthone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, contracts are legally binding documents and can't be changed unilaterally. Both parties have to argee to any change. A common law states that once the precedent is set the company can't retract any benefit given even if it's not mentioned in the employee T&Cs unless the company is under restructuring and downsizing.
However, any disagreement with newly implemented T&Cs has to be submitted in writting to the HR within 7 days of such unilateral action. A stamped copy should be retained and the legal action can be instigated at any time even after a few years.
The rejection of new terms and conditions can be done independently or in a group. Well, all of you need to grow some balls and do something about it right after the attack on your T&Cs occurs. Moaning on this forum is not going to help anyone. The new terms are practically accepted by lack of response after a reasonable period and become the current contract. So all of you accepted new T&Cs by keeping quiet and only venting your anger on forums like this. Common law is enforceable in any country. I had similar problems with one of my previous employers in the past and the issue was handled in the above stated manner. They backed down and didn't even try to sack me, otherwise my lawyers would have laughed all the way to the court.
Let me tell you that most of you were psychologically evaluated and carefully selected by EK as being the least trouble makers (yes people). EK does not recruit the best pilots but best EK pilots. No wander they can get away with murder.
Good luck and enjoy the shaft.

Last edited by stealthone; 6th Jun 2010 at 10:39.