PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
Old 5th Jun 2010, 06:42
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
EKBD,

Most happy to bow to your experience as to the long haul at AN. I find three night t/as to India at EK about as tiring as doing 3 night T/as to Greece while Charter flying in the UK. I don't know how often I have to say that I'm not saying the FTLs at EK are anything but knackering. They are just not any worse than many other regulations and better than some (Guys going to Turkish will soon find that out!!)

No idea how many increments in older contracts, I thought it was 10. Perhaps a longer serving guy could fill us in? Point being has anyone with a contractual right to an increment not been given it? Was the increment in yours a contractual obligation on the part of the company?

What has the OT threshold at AN got to do with anything? Are you considering leaving AN to come to EK or visa-versa- You'd find either difficult. People need to compare what is AVAILABLE to what they have- not what happened in a company that dissapeared a decade ago. In any case, it's the bottom line, not the means of calculation that counts.

After the biggest financial crisis in almost a century, we got a pay rise and a bonus, when many commentators said we'd get neither. Neither was huge, but was better than nothing. They have set a target for this year and are obliged to calculate next years bonus based on that.

We are currently doing an unsustainable amount of flying governed by an imperfect FTL scheme and not gaining any extra pay for it. We'd be getting paid much better if the Productivity threshold had not been shifted. I wish it hadn't, I'd certainly like the money!

But are you planning to leave? In overall terms is there a better option for you? If not, how can you know EK is not a BETTER option for a lot of guys in companies you DON'T want to go and work for?