PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
Old 5th Jun 2010, 06:17
EK_Bus Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates needs 700 Pilots!

Wiz,

I do not wish to stir things up, as this thread is quite obviously turning into a P!ssing contest. You make some very good points and you are obviously relatively happy in the sandpit and good for you (you are one of the few). Some of the other posters have made good points also. However, as an Ex AN driver I have flown the SYD-PER-SYD, MEL-PER-MEL and KIX-BNE-SYD many times and I can honestly say (my opinion) it is nowhere near as knackering as doing 3 night turnarounds at EK! This Company's FDL's are a disgrace, especially when it comes to "factoring". The recent change to the PEK, PVG, ICN flights are typical. I.E. Just change the table (number of sectors not acclimatized) eh voilą! No problem now boys, it's fixed!

How many more fatigue related ASR's to these Bozo's in the 'Bouncy Castle' actually need to stop pontificating and telling us how good the outfit is and how we are all bloody lucky to have a job and actually wake up and smell the Coffee! The EK 407 tailscrape should have been a wake up call as should the JNB, ACC and MAN "incidents".

E.K. Use these FDL's (their "interpretation" of CAP 371) as goal posts! Not a Red line!

The "Contract" I was initially given stated that there were 18 increment years??

To form a balanced view, remind us all please what the pay overtime threshold was at AN? And vs EK?

How much money did this company make this FY?
What was the profit target? and What was our profit share this FY?

How much more flying do we do now?
How much LESS pay do we get now?
How was this Company able to make so much money this FY?

How much annual Leave are we entitled to each year?
What is the maximum consecutive days we can take?
If we do take any leave, is there any credit for it??

Guys and Girls as has been already said, look VERY carefully before you leap. All that glitters is not Gold, and the grass is not always greener, just another shade of brown!

This USED to be a very good job, not any more!!

Take care and fly safe

Last edited by EK_Bus Driver; 5th Jun 2010 at 10:04.