PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
Old 5th Jun 2010, 03:55
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
DGR,

Thanks for that. Point is, everything we do at EK would have been legal under the AN exemption, AND we got to do an extra 100hrs per year.

A380- Good news- silly to have the guy sitting in the back, though, when he could be helping out.

Capt777,

See, this is what annoys me. Read my posts. I try and give a fair and balanced view of the good and the bad here, but anything but a hysterical, totally negative post as seen from most here (who, you might notice, seem to choose to stay. There is at least one regular poster on the ME board who has been bitching incessantly, saying how he's leaving if things don't improve, for almost FIVE YEARS!) meets with derision and insult.

We are working bloody hard to an extent that is acknowledged as unsustainable. I start a week tonight that will leave me totally buggered. My point is that's the game and I've had periods the same pretty much everywhere I've worked, and next month my Family and I fly free, business class to JFK for leave.

Yes some have left. One guy I know is leaving to become a Real Estate salesman and I wish him all the very best.

But a lot more are coming than leaving and most, in spite of the whining, are staying.