PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 4th Jun 2010, 07:25
ZFT
N4790P

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Before I get chastised, I do pay attention to every briefing but and it is a big but, this ongoing issue that every aircraft is different therefore…………….…. is really a red herring.

I fly on the same S E Asian carrier just about every week. Their video briefing is identical (except for the locations of the emergency exits) irrespective of aircraft type. This briefing is given in English and their local language and the safety card is in English only.

Unless we mandate ICAO level 4 for pax there is a hole in the briefing process already.

As others have pointed out, the briefing is normally given after pushback when it is pointless being briefed on how and where to stow cabin baggage, how to fasten seat belts and so on.

I always check where MY exit is both fore and aft. I count how many seats I’ll need to climb over to get to it as I assume everyone around me won’t have a clue what to do. I clearly understand that the cc will be totally powerless to help as in the event they are already at the exit I’ll need to get to.

I don’t know what the answer is but modern briefings are both repetitive and boring. There has to be a better way. Possibly an on line test either at home or in the departure lounge with a personal briefing for those who fail or who haven’t performed the test?