PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India IX-212 just 2 minutes from crashing into sea !
Old 4th Jun 2010, 06:22
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000 hrs TT is deemed "highly experienced"! Let alone when someone with 175-250 hrs TT believes they are OWED a job flying a jet transport. So, with 1000 hrs TT this pilot may have had actually how much hands on IF stick time? How many actual t/o's and landings?

Combine that with [criminally] negligent training standards, etc, etc (all been said before) and therein lies your answer.

I agree re the EgypAir 767 crash. I commented on it previously by way of asking whether or not the investigation will be as transparent as we hope. In EgyptAir the national carrier's regulatory body came up with one finding while the US NTSB came up with another.

Someone asked on a previous thread what could possibly be the DGCA's reason for even wanting to attempt a coverup. Well, in my opinion it's the same answer as per any other agency or person in any part of the world: $$$$$$ Pure and utter greed borne from corruption that is accepted as a natural part of doing business. Now, apart from utter greed, what about the fact that the massive levels of corruption, back-hand deals, etc, etc ever get exposed? I think the reasons WHY they would want to hide such issues are clear.

Last edited by TopTup; 4th Jun 2010 at 08:40.