PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India IX-212 just 2 minutes from crashing into sea !
Old 4th Jun 2010, 05:32
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleeping Freight Dog: No matter what is written or exposed some elements will deny that water is wet if that what it takes to justify a belief. You're so right, but people will see only what they want to see.

Times of India journalism is fraught with sensationalism and poor reporting, but if one has the intelligence and humilty to see the underlying tone and theme of the reporting then this is not a completely bad thing.

At long last it appears a minuscule amount of the corruption, poor training and pathetic standards at AI are being uncovered. What's the worst thing that could happen? Pilots receiving fair and proper training to the standards they are entitled to? Expat contracts offered in an open and honest & transparent means? The best people are offered the best jobs? Aviation becomes safer? Pilots become more professional? OH NO! Heaven forbid the career of pilot can be linked to the word professional once again.

Personally, I have been shouted down by present Indian airline pilots and children (175-250 hr CPL holders without an ounce of commercial experience, knowledge, education or airline qualification) on the Sth Asia and Far East Forum for a long time for screaming about the goings on at AI. These kids have a fresh CPL and a God-like complex the Indian aviation is the be all and end all, and that what I what I witnessed first hand didn't go on. (Refer to previous posts.....)

And still some try to justify this rubbish by blaming the expat. Short sighted xenophobia, as rampant as corruption in India.

OPEN YOUR EYES!
Focus on the SYSTEM