PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air Work Permits
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 02:40
therealmccoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WSSS: Thanks for a constructive and mature reply. I have no doubt they are being viewed in such a way. It is unfortunate and partially due to the fact that this arrogant attitude is coming from the highest levels. I really hope they will see this before it is too late because it does get funneled down through the pilot body. Well pointed out.

PK-VVX: First off, therealmccoy is a reference to the truth not my name . So before you begin attacking me as if I am someone sharing that name think again. I will say this though. The person you are attacking is one of the only people trying to get things above board and legitimate. So to make a personal attack like that is a diservice to what you are trying to accomplish with this post.

I do not blame the government for Susi Air's problems. I blame it for the state of aviation in Indonesia. The best cheater usually does win. I can quote references to many operators if you would like.

Yes, I do dare say there are not enough Indonesian pilots to fill all the Caravan's in Indonesia. If there were enough pilots, do you think every major carrier would be allowed to hire expats? The moment locals get licensed they are lured to Air Asia, Lion etc. Hard to compete with a big shiny jet . There are a few exceptions that are possible waiting to go the airlines of enjoy flying small aircraft currently working at Susi Air doing a great job.
So let's not try to walk down the road of stealing jobs because that is far from the truth.

Pangandaran flight school: From what I understand they desperately want to get that running. Financially and morally it makes sense. Unfortunately the Diamond aircraft haven't worked out. Once it does get up and running it will greatly benefit Indonesian Aviation. The quality of training I am sure will surpass that currently available.

Again, the swearing on the radio has been addressed, I think it is terrible so no need to bring that up again to continue to drag this whole issue through the mud.

Yes, there are Susi pilots who need to pull their necks in and start acting more maturely. No question. Let's not generalize and do a disservice to the group of them.

I think you will find I actually agree with what you are saying about the work permits etc.
What I take issue with is the personal attacks and generalizing. I assure you, generalizing does not work in your favor when speaking about Indonesian aviation even though the majority are professional, mature and polite individuals as mentioned. Let's not let the actions of a few characterize all of us.