PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL - sufficient info to take on new customers?
Old 25th Jul 2002, 10:55
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed,

Perhaps this will help....

I did my initial training on microlights and decided to go commercial - I then looked at a couple of schools for my ppl group A...now slot times never crossed my mind then....however, it all worked out...

The first school I went to was local 15-20 mins. had a trial lesson....not overly impressed....It wasnt really any different from my microlight school in the middle of a field...not really what I was looking for...

The second school is a 45min-55min trek. Boy what a difference though....Ive been going back for courses to this school on & off over the last 6 years. This school ran a 2hr slot time and overall I think I was very lucky given there were another 3-4 schools on the airfield...once I had been inside the building and had the trial lesson I was instantly impressed and *knew* I would be happy here. And so I have been. I never did find out what the other schools were like - I know now.....and Im glad I made the choice I did.

So my advice is - go with that gut instinct - its probably correct.

I have now seen a lot of schools - including driving 1:45 for aerobatics - just because it was the right instructor/right aircraft/right gut feeling....and Im glad I did.....in all this though one of the biggest tell-tales of quality appears to be initial impressions and instructor slot times.

Hope this helps.