PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 22:27
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capot writes (quoting OyYou):

Statements like

The other 10% is used to find the pratts who are going to get in my way to the emergency exit when the Sh*t hits the fan. If you are one of those pratts then I will tread all over you...
simply tell me that whoever says it is an idiot. It's a very good thing that OyYou was not on board US1549, where he could easily have been solely responsible for the deaths of a lot of people as he trampled his way over them to the exit.
I have been extremely fortunate in that I have never been on an aircraft that was evacuated.

I don't think OyYou was saying he'd make a mad dash for the nearest exit and simply trample everyone in his way.

And I don't think either one of us would just pass by someone who truly needs help.

Oy could have worded it a little better...

But I partially agree with him, in that I too will go around/over any pratt who puts a higher value on his carry-on stuff than his life or mine and delays both of us by trying to collect all his belonging before exiting.

I'm not going to risk death waiting for you to collect your duty-free booze or your laptop.

Think of it as chlorine in the gene pool, if you will.

Regarding all the comments vis a vis "I've heard it so many times I don't need to..." all I can think to say is that it's a total of maybe 5 minutes, and you're captive at the moment anyway.

Can't you spare the time? Will you absolutely just die paying attention one more time?