PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air Work Permits
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 14:01
therealmccoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retarded

Retarded: Def: Delayed in development; Of a person, having mental retardation; By extension, of a person or thing, stupid; senseless; irrational.

Not sure why you fellas like quoting definitions so much, but here is one that describes your posts and their relevance.

You are chasing after the wrong group of people on this forum. It is the government that has oversight and obviously if Susi Air is doing what you say they are, then it is the government who is at fault. From their history, it seems to me they are doing a much better job than "local" carriers.
If you want to talk about calibre of pilots, I seem to recall several accidents within Indonesia with aircraft carrying more passengers than the aircraft is certified for. What does that say about the integrity you seem to profess within Indonesia that these foreigners seem to lack?
Let us not forget the Garuda Captain who killed all those people in Java because he didn't have the integrity to lose face and go around. Or how about the fact that he got off?
When you point a finger, remember there are 3 pointing right back at you.
There needs to be a complete overhaul of the DGCA. To allow pilots to walk out the door fully licensed with no idea of what they are doing because of how much cash they are willing to pay is criminal.

I do agree though, Susi Air needs to provide their crews with proper working papers when it comes to licensing and visa's; however, Susi Air is not responsible for bringing the standard of aviation down in Indonesia.

Now, can't we all just get along?