PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 14:51
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnads and Outtahere

Firstly Gnads I trust the '86 Grange did not die in vain and complemented your exported Aussie beef!
To both I say - let me guess but both gained experience from the extremely good training and standards inherent in the "regulated" days of airlines in Australia - and when either forced or volunteered to go overseas you took all that good training - and of course your innate, extra-ordinary personal skills - - which were well regarded and you now sit back in the latter years of your careers and throw stones.

Guys/girls looking to start out now can only look at what is available now - just as you did and there's only ONE option left in Oz that works on the basis that allowed Gnads to knock off his Grange the other night.

That leads to:
VelvetHammer - "brave or desperate to join Tiger".

I'll be the devils advocate - maybe more brave to join Qantas??
Deregulation means new airlines start with zero overhanging debts - Qantas has HUGE overhanging debts as has been going so long and who is to say that at some time the planets don't line up and ... there goes QF???

I certainly hope never happens - but anyone who believes it can't happen should grow up, in all changes some people win, some lose, deregulation and a freer labour market has seen some win, some lose; QF is not immune to the real happenings in the real world.

Johannschmidt - like it or not the $$$ are not being the pilot but being the driving force - SR gets a payout from Tiger, GD copped anywhere up to $11M per year for X years (is anyone THAT good they deserve that remuneration??), Godfrey overall - who knows??
If you're up to their standard go chase the money - if not go fly planes; your choice only limited by your abilities...or nouse...or grovelling.

Gnads - people make a decision to leave a "solid" position and give Tiger a go, then decide to leave for whatever reasons; "grass not always greener" comes to mind and not all who come to Tiger then leave.
People making choices and then varying them for whatever reasons - hardly a capital offence in my mind.

Finally Outtahear - and others - please tell us HOW we can get back to anything resembling the pay as it was in the good old days, simply saying "in my day" is rubbish as other peoples today is NOW in todays environment.

It's called reality

Cheers
galdian