PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jumseating on US Carriers for CX Crew
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2002, 01:31
jumpingdoc

I only can tell one applicant's background; mine. Military, currently at the regionals.
Although I have contributed to the deterioration of this thread, I still wonder if there can be one thread that will not result in the heated discussion of the ban and ultimately in name calling.
As far as the SCAB calling concerned, idiots who use the label in this particular issue don't deserve any reply. If one of the "49ers" himself would use the term, I would actually understand, but would disagree. None of the new hires or the Captains who toke the fired pilots position by upgrades fit the term.
Funny, how some make the statement "the majority of US pilots", "the real CX pilots", "all of the pilots" and such. Where do these "scientific" studies are coming from?
The fact is that most of the US pilots I have talked to were not even familiar with the ban. If they were, they said they support the ban, but had no idea about the "49ers" or why and how the ban started. Only a very few read the one-sided article in the ALPA magazine, and none were familiar with dissenting view on the ban.
Not an exact study, but sure does not reflect the supporting opinion of "the majority".
Off my soap box.
Best of luck to the dismissed pilots. If I get hired at CX, I will do anything in my ability to contribute to their re-hiring, regardless of any black listing or crap talking.