PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Emirates Road Show Dates & Destinations
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 06:47
Sataybox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilotusa,

The Wiz doesn't QUITE have his facts right on several of his comments, but the truth is still something that should cause people to know what they are getting into.

The pilot in question was arrested when he arrived at work (in Dubai) because he was reported (by another pilot) as having "absconded". The maid's visa issue is accurate but irrelevant. He was arrested as he arrived at work despite the suspicion of already having done his runner. Why would you "abscond" and then show up at work? Make sense? Not really but that doesn't stop this kind of unreal thing from happening on this planet. But it doesn't really matter; the point is, he was on company duty and property yet the company, who will pry into and attempt to control every facet of your life here, did nothing to assist him then or later. I wouldn't be surprised is he was marked "absent for duty" and had his salary docked.

This happened about three months ago.

The lack of incremental payrise is a condition many of us (but apparently not the relatively new Wiz) joined with. The point which the Wiz has missed is that it is NOT in your contract or mine. None of it is except the bond. I don't know if they still promise the increment but that is also irrelvant. They used to promise it but they do not adhere to that promise. We can't hold them to it because it's NOT IN THE CONTRACT despite what so many here still think.

The Wiz is also wrong about the DEWA (water and power) bills "cap" being a breach of contract because payment of your bills is also not included in the contract. As stated above, nothing is included except the bond. They could halve or cancel altogether the coverage of your bills tomorrow and we'd all just have to like it. The cap, if it is maintained, is the thin end of the inevitable wedge. If the Wiz thinks they will let it go, he's kidding himself. Nothing EVER improves here.

They will lead you to believe it is all part of a huge contract but there are TWO separate documents. One is a Contract (the bond) and the other (the good stuff) is just a bit of paper.

The company will let you BELIEVE it is ALL in your contract, as you sign the two documents, and after that they won't care what you believe. Then they will (continue to) make changes to the conditions you joined for and there will be nothing you can do except complain to the rest of us who will tell you that you should have known better.

I'm not trying to cut the company down; I just want you to have an accurate picture.

Another question: Ask if there is any (recent) history of sacking a trainee First Officer while he was under training for an SOP error, which led to a go-around.