PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 14:29
helo_aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the truth about ADA

For anyone wondering about pay rates etc. at ADA:

I had been searching and emailing questions about ADA for quite some time (like for the last two years..), and it was not until today that I finally have the answer - so I will make it easy for anyone in my position, currently looking at the possibility of working there:

$278.25/onsite day (after a 4 month probation where you only get $210)

Based on TT and experience, I should have been offered a Pilot position (and was told this initially), but this rate is for a co-pilot, and is what I was offered today.

As someone had stated previously in this thread, this pay rate is a HUGE step-back for anyone who has been flying for any length of time!!!!

So, the rumours of ADA letting the high-time, experienced, and well paid pilots out to pasture - and then hiring lower time guys (I have 3000 hours) or those looking to get into the off-shore business for the first time, ARE ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

If you are willing to work for this, you can take the offer of employment that I received and insert your name instead.

Thought there might be a few folks out there who would like this tidbit of info...I wish somone had told me the truth about ADA's pay a long time ago, it would have saved me an ulcer and a lot of frustration (and I haven't even mentioned how they told me that I was hired last year, only to go through all the paperwork, told I was accepted for a position, and then no official offer - as per the earlier threads, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING UNTIL IT'S ON PAPER, AND YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN ABU DHABI)

Life is good where I'm at all of a sudden.