PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 13:07
Loose_Cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot135pd

As an SAR pilot you would be housed in a shared villa in Kalifa A, as Freestream has said. I am currently offshore and not SAR and live in Kalifa B, again in a shared 5 bedroom villa, the internet we purchase ourselves and we are paying approx $24 USD a month each. In Kalifa B there are 6 villas housing fixed wing pilots, offshore heli pilots and engineers, ADA also has villas in Musafa, the old camp is pretty much as you have heard others describe, there is a new camp under construction with about 50 villas, although rumour has it that ADA will never occupy this site and it will be leased to the new university under construction nearby.

ADA does provide transportation to and from work so you don't need to buy a car although I did, it's nice to have the freedom to go to the gym, downtown or the grocery store at my convenience and not have to wait for the company bus, gym memberships are very expensive here, I think the officer's club gym is about 6000 Dhrs, that's $1600 per year, the company will give you a little towards that, I think they will pay 2000 Dhrs but I'm not certain.

All in all ADA is a pretty good place to work and there's a great bunch of pilots, it's not perfect but where is? If you need any more info please send me a PM.

Good luck.