PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 29th May 2010, 18:02
Jipperty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do we need CC?

Very relevant points made in response to my earlier Q. In the spirit of reasoned and open minded debate........
  • Unauthorised opening of doors - aren't they locked from the flight deck during flight? If so how could a pax open one? and if said pax was determined to do so could a cc prevent this? No doubt in the train scenario the train had actually stopped outside of a station.
  • Medical emergencies - does the airline actually have a duty of care for the health of it's passengers? Should I really expect the airline to be capable of providing life saving treatment to me in the event of an emergency? I do not expect this of other providers i.e. when I get on an inter city train to London and find it hard to believe that any of the ticket inspectors are thus trained.
  • Cabin fires - how often do they occur? if there were no CC then a lot of the onboard devices that may cause a fire i.e. the galley equipment could also be removed from the a/c. In fact is it possible that cc are the most common cause of cabin fires?
If the developments in military aviation are adopted in commercial then the days of unpiloted a/c are probably not so far away. No doubt it will start with freighters but then pax flights will slowly follow. Could it really be that we will lose the flight deck crew before the cc?