PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody who has left this career and done something different?
Old 29th May 2010, 08:21
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OD - Dude, it's a negative topic. Happy people, such as yourself, don't tend to leave to do something else.

Having said that, I haven't really seen a truly negative post in this little thread. Just people recounting stories of colleagues that have left or, indeed, telling their own tales of why they have left or are going to leave.

Although slightly dubious about your quoted earnings (not trying to provoke an argument, btw) most FO's at my company make that or more depending on the exchange rate.

As I said in my earlier post, my hat is off (not that I would actually wear the damn thing) to anyone doing the job who is enjoying it. People still need to get from A to B, planes still need to fly and someone needs to be there to actually fly them, or at least push the right buttons.

If you think the job is boring at 26, how do you think you'll view the job at 36? How will you feel when one of your other jobs starts earning you more than the airline flying? What will you do when you enjoy doing another job more than the flying? That's all this thread seems to be about, my friend.

'The job is what you make it' Never a truer word has been said and I would like to think that all of us do that. I certainly make the best of what I now consider a crap job. I usually fly with friends, I usually get to decide, within reason, where I fly and on what days I'll go to work (alright, who's jealous?). I also tend to only work between 8 and 10 days a month. I'm still leaving.

With the exception of the 'committing aviation' comment, the above post from Bannannas x 2 sums up what a lot of us feel. Best of luck with the new endeavors, mate.

Posting twice in one year, yikes! If it weren't for the hilarious cabin crew thread, I wouldn't even look at this site - I've got a reputation to protect.

Cheers

Buter