PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 14:39
Pilot135pd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never having worked overseas in the civilian world I didn't really have much to go on. I did asked about travel to and from work and different options and other things that came to mind like training. I don't think an interviewer would have told me the bad things if they want me to join them would they? I wasn't even thinking of working overseas until I got the email to go interview. I interviewed and then came here and have been reading lots of information about the area.

I've been reading every thread and every post since 2001 a few months after 9/11 and it's interesting to see how things have evolved. This brought up questions that I hadn't thought of since wifi is everywhere here in the USA as are the other things I was asking about. Trust me if I had found anything about it I wouldn't have posted the questions. I've been a member of this forum for a few years now and I'm not the type to ask without doing a complete search. I hate it when someone pops up and asks a question that was just answered 2 pages back because he was too lazy to read the entire thread from the beginning and wanted instant gratification.

I'm looking for someone who is currently working there who has CURRENT knowledge. Things change in just a year. In just one year I went from flying a nice EMS configured SPIFR MD902, living 7 days at home then 7 days in a brand new company furnished apartment with my own room, wifi, Sat TV, utilities all paid for by the company, to being here looking for info on living conditions in UAE and living in Spain on my off time. BTW finding a honey to live with in UAE did cross my mind and is on my "to do" list, already found one in Spain just in case she's needed.

Anyone who knows what today's conditions are would be very helpful. Thanks.