PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 28th May 2010, 12:38
SeLFish_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety briefing

Indeed, I am a frequent flyer. Used to travel shorthaul once a week for 2 years, and long haul every few months.
Every single time I paid (and still do) full attention to the safety briefing and ALWAYS checked nearest exit, even counted the rows of seats in each direction. Why would anyone think they know it all regardless of how many times they have flown.
I did always join in the with BMi briefing though "place each hand behind your head, put your head on the back of the seat in front of you (or whatever the words).................and kiss your a*se goodbye"!!

On one flight the CC member who did the briefing made me laugh, he started it by saying
"I am about to do the safety briefing, please all put yoru newspapers down, give me your full attention and don't make out you know it all. To ensure your attention I shall be asking questions about it after I finsh and the winner gets a complimentary breakfast.......................the loser gets two breakfasts"!
We, as SLF (God I hate that phrase) want to be treated with respect by the CC on board, so we should give them the respect they deserve as well.