PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monday Pay Talks Deadline.......
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2002, 08:48
Undercover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tug... come on... Everyone agrees that the job of an ATCO is a difficult and stressful one and deserves to be well paid. And it is.
When those in the chair like yourself come out and try to tell us you all wear your pants outside your tights and save us all from certain death on a daily basis - that's when you lose the credibility you have.
As already mentioned your average GP probably does double the number of hours working each week, while having to make life or death decisions as a matter of course. They also have to look each and every one of these people in the eye when they make the decisions. They spend longer training than an ATCO in a more highly stressed environment... and they end up owing a fortune in student loans because... gasp... most students don't get paid circa £18K plus expenses to study!!!

As you say "as the person best placed to know, I recon I know my own worth!" Yes... but you're also the best placed person to have your head stuck up your own a*se!!

You do a very responsible and skilled job.. and get paid well over the national average to do so.
Perhaps a knighthood for every completed shift would be a fair reflection of your greatness...?

Oh... and there's a "k" in "reckon"