PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 26th May 2010, 14:23
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korrol you did come across as attacking CC and flight deck in your post and there is no doubt about that. You also came across as ignorant and arrogant in relation to safety.....not a good perception on these forums

However PPrune is somewhere I often let off steam because, as CC, I'm actually not allowed to do it onboard however bad my sector/day is. To me PPrune a safe place....

Sometimes my fingers representing my mouth on here are in motion long before my brain is fully engaged I too have been accused of "trollling" because of this. Thanks to Paxboy here for also informing me of what this term actually means means

A perspective for you from the other side as I see you are located in BRS and did a short flight......you may have done this with my mob.

Our Captains, without exception, want to get the SLF safely from A to B so to that end they will introduce the flightcrew by name and then remind you Guys of the importance of listening to the CC safety brief. If something comes up during flight they will then reinforce this i.e turbulence. Despite this we still see the muppets who think they not only know better than the CC but also the Captain!! The company will therefore cover it's back against said muppetts I'm afraid by repeated safety announcements.

I do sypathise with you re the sales announcements however.....they are never ending and as CC if we don't do them to increase ancillary revenue a highly paid mystery shopper who may be on board will report us to our management and as the SCCM I will be called in for a "chat" with management.

The FR ones are the worst.....that damn fanfare

Write to the airline if you are dissatisfied.