PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monday Pay Talks Deadline.......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2002, 21:30
tug3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check... -

"That's still at least one less per month than the vast majority of the working population. Plus we also get more holiday than most as well".

You forgot to mention the fact that:

a) if we **** up, we kill hundreds

b) we take years to train to a standard that not all who start down that road can achieve

c) we work in a highly stressed environment (which over time we get used to and hence tend to forget until the next time we end up 'finger-nailing' it)

d) thanks to a combination of aforementioned stress coupled with shift work it is a medical FACT that we won't enjoy as much of our retirment years as the "vast majority of the working population"!

Get real!!!!

If you want to compare like with like then spell it out instead of meaningless comparisons. Next thing you'll be saying that the job is so satisfying we should be doing it for free!!!

If your job is that p*** easy you can do my next shift and I'll happilly pay you the ****ing overtime myself!!!!

Oh, and by the way, the "vast majority of the working population" couldn't give a **** what I do or what I get paid so long as they're not hanging around airports for hours and they get to where they want in one piece. I, in return, don't give a *** what they get paid for what they do! As the person best placed to know, I recon I know my own worth!

Last edited by tug3; 23rd Jul 2002 at 21:36.