PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 26th May 2010, 08:45
korrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies

Just for everyone to know, I'm no troll - in fact I'm not even sure I know what the term means.

I initiated this discussion because I'd just got off a short over-water flight with my ears ringing from the proliferation of live and pre-recorded cabin crew and flight crew announcements emanating from the loudspeaker above my head.

Of course I understand that the safety stuff is a statutory requirement but remember we SLF have already suffered a barrage of announcements and instructions inside the airport before even boarding the plane. The final one on landing enjoining us to "fly again" with the airline is often the last straw. Yesterday, if I had actually waited "until the seat-belt sign is extinguished" I'd still be on the damn plane . As it was I was the last one off . Everyone else had disembarked but it was never turned off .

Anyway I've written separately to TightSlot because, if I have overstepped the boundaries of what's permissible here, I wanted to apologise. It's his thread and his house and we are just guests - so it's entirely right he should expect us to abide by his rules and apologise if, occasionally, we overstep the mark. Sorry if I offended anyone and thanks for your most interesting comments.