PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 26th May 2010, 08:30
Torque2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korrol..PPL..Likes flying and sailing and is a manager. Are you any good at any of the those things? Do you perform checklists thoroughly, have you read the manual for your aircraft type (more than once perhaps?), keep up to date with the constantly changing notams etc, do you wear a lifejacket whilst sailing and perhaps brief your crew/passengers on safety and as a manager do you keep your staff constantly informed of whats going on?...It wouldn't seem so with the nature of your comments.

The reason that things are done at the times that they are, such as the emergency briefing on board instead of in the lounge allows for last minute passengers to be included, also that it is the Captains responsibility to have that information on safety passed to the passengers before take-off. His responsibility to the passengers begins when he is on board and finally when the doors close.

As has been mentioned it is a constant battle to keep passengers in the safety loop as it seems that short term memory is stowed with the baggage for example the passenger getting out of his seat atan unsafe/inappropriate time, also happens just before touchdown! Perhaps you may say that this is best left to the passenegrs own initiative but litigation gets in the way so CYA! and prevent injury to others by these unconsidered actions.

If there are too may service announcements, and I admit that sometimes there may be, let the company know in writing otherwise they are unaware and nothing gets changed.

It appears that the OP just doesn't give a toss for anyone elses responsibilities just 'don't tell me anything, I know it all and can't be aŁ$ed understanding or conforming'. Unfortunately aviation isn't like that.