PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crap ATC at TFS today.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2001, 02:33
fmgc

Angry

Landed in ALC this evening and we were just turning off the centre line towards the high speed exit when they cleared an aircraft to land. I find it terrible that they do this, we were still in the middle of the runway!

411A,

In the UK we operate to (arguably) the highest safety standards in the world. Some of our practices may be Dickensien but they err on the side of safety. I would think twice if I were you when stating that we are "out of step" in aviation matters lest you should be considered "gash".

On leaving London this afternoon, one of the sectors was very, very busy and the female ATCO was brilliant, and all the a/c replying were very professional, quick and curtious with their replies. I was just thinking how amazing it was that people from such a diverse range of nationalities, i.e. Europeans, Asians, Arabs, et al were all working so well together when the whole thing was let down by United XXX needing to be called three times before that ATCO got a response. You could almost hear the tutting around the TMA!