PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man fires at helicopter (or .... Welcome to "RotorBlast". Do not enter if .... etc)
Old 23rd Jul 2002, 20:07
SASless

Received 556 Likes on 226 Posts
Shy Torgue,

I arrived back in Paradise East to discover your private message to me re: this thread. I would suggest strongly that you make it public, ignore the bashing you will get from Crab and a few of the others on the opposite side of the fence, for what you say has lots of meaningful insights. It for sure explains that even sleeping with an unarmed police officer isn't a lot of good to the victim of a burgalry. You might enlist your police friends to further expound upon the shortfalls of the police and court system in the UK in being able to deal with problem of increasing crime rates. Some of the readers here immediately reject any statistics that challenge their position but maybe some firsthand, subjective input from the people that put their life on the line each day defending the good people of the country, might be accepted more readily than the black and white of statistics.

The 1.2 number means 1.2 events per 100,000 persons in the population. All crime stats in the US are so stated as being per 100,000 population. An interesting read is the FBI's Uniform Crime Statistics.