PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 25th May 2010, 20:50
rgsaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Dear Korrol! The tone of your post suggests to me that you are both impatient and intolerant, but seeing yourself as an "expert" frequent flier you should not be subject to a number of sensible - nay essential - safety briefings which are devised to ensure that EVERYONE on the aircraft knows what to do in normal and emergency circumstances,

Now, as I'm over 70 and with some experience of air travel I listen carefully every time, as every a/c is different. My "experience" started in 1951 and I'm still a frequent flier. (First outing was in 1951 LHR to Singapore in a BOAC Constellation and return in an Argonaut. Later for 30 years averaged about 150 sectors a years thru' most of Europe, Asia, Japan, South and North America in everything from 707s, Tridents, DC9s, 727s, 73s, 74s, 75s, 77s, a couple of Concordes across the pond, etc, etc etc).

I still listen EVERY time! Not least because every carrier can be different. And the last thing I want is some T????R who thinks he knows it all getting in the way when I need to get out in an emergency!

So - shut up and listen for everyone else's benefit even if you do "know-it-all".

Perhaps you are a troll......