PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 25th May 2010, 18:12
CornishFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to be told how to fasten my seat belt - it's blindingly obvious.
You'd like to think so wouldn't you? I had a pax just a couple of months ago that had tied the ends of his belt up in a rather loose single knot instead of using the buckle

Why are we instructed to do this and do that and "wait until the seat belt sign is extinguished", and all the rest of this ritual of rubbish we have to put up with day after day.
Surely this is blindingly obvious. Again, I had another incident whereby we had just got off of the ground and one of the pax decided to stand up to get his bag out of the locker however as we were still climbing at a very steep rate, said muppet got taken unaware by a change in attitude from the climb and ended up falling to the floor with his head missing the headrest by mere centimetres

I don't want to watch another lifejacket demonstration. I think I've got the idea now.
For a start it's actually a safety demonstration . It contains a lot more than just the lifejackets. Anyhow, there is an airline that operates out of your local airport (assuming your residence is that of what it states as your location) that actually uses 2 types of lifejacket. How are you going to know which variety it is without this demonstration

Maybe some airlines and certain crew members in both sections of the aircraft that do like their own voices but you'll get those sort of people all over the place. It does however seem that you have overlooked a few points and there are real reasons why things are said and done and even YOU should still watch the safety demo

Safe flying