PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monday Pay Talks Deadline.......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2002, 19:10
Findo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vercingetorix - Nope. The revolving strikes were the only ones we have ever taken nationally. That was 1981 and the action as partly successful as I said previously. The main objective was the restoration of the PRU but the compromise settlement was a slightly larger pay offer and a complete loss on the Revue Body.

PooDon was shouting your line but hasn't yet come up with figures. My little potted history was done from memory so the actual fugure may be slightly different. However the clear history shows that when we have a strong negotiating hand we gain greater than all other times. We have never had a stronger hand than now. All we need is the negotiation as this pay round has shown. Major objectives are not won in one short battle. Lets be clear what the long term objectives are and give the negotiators the mandate to return with a fair offer in exchange for what we are prepared to give.

Despite the personal comments about myself and others who see merit in accepting this offer, I am happy to go with the democratic majority. Speaking as one of the few who has been involved in both official and unnoficial strike action in ATC I have never found it productive to slag off colleagues who are honest enough to express their opinions or spend time working on my behalf without reward. The picket line can be a lonely place.