PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Assistants
Thread: Assistants
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 13:54
the pointed end

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assistants

My first post on here, get it off my chest time.
Any one else at Swanwick bemused by the attitude of some (majority) of the ATSA's?
I work there in administration and am constantly amazed at these self important poeple wanting it all ways. With rumours gathering of large lay offs I cannot understand their attitude to the organisation in general.
They are so hard done by - cant survive unless they get good rises etc but try getting some of them in for overtime, my god talk about the world owing them a living. Had an instance 2 weeks ago when some were told at the weekend they were not needed and could go, well they could of been home an hour earlier without going round gloating, oh look they are going to pay me for sitting at home! Well wise up chaps, you could be sitting at home for agreat deal longer.
On another point I read on an older thread about the re-location issue, the poster stated that anyone who had not relocated should not be at a disadvantage should it come to redundancy, how can that be fair?
I relocated my family at great upheaval from west london because we were expected too, now it seems large groups of the workforce are driving 60 plus miles and then expect to be fresh and alert to do a shift. This just can't be right. Would be interesting to see absenteeism figures for the poeple that are travelling long distance, I know of one guy, wont name him, who took a day off sick because he had .................hiccups!
Says it all really
Rant over