PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does "Cleared for the XXX approach" clear me for a procedure turn?
Old 18th May 2010, 22:26
elcrusoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
answer to your question

Hi there,

The approach controller most likely questioned your action to to the fact that Mayport is in close proximity with Craig airport and the military controller u were talking to was following the direction of the Faa approach which airspace u are in. But overall not alot a room with CRG/NRB action to play with here. Trust me it does not look pretty sometimes on radar.

However to answer your question, on a controller point of view there is no PT at pawnee on the approach plate therefore the controller does not expect you to enter any kinda of maneuver but enter a gentle right turn of the 180 radial to join the 5 dme arc n arc north.

The holding at pawnee on the approach plate is depicted for in the event of a missed approach with at the worse lost comm.

if you want a tear drop u need to ask for it.

A good hint for this area is if you are in doubt or you find yourself in a situation like this one.......just ask.

Mayport is a very difficult area for IFR pratice app. especially to RWY 5.......its a headache for Jax app.......trust me....

Got more questions let me know........if i can help