PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air Work Permits
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 07:26
rustam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Geeham

Thanks for your contribution and for keeping the debate on reasonable terms.

You also give a different perspective to the whole matter by putting yourself in a low time, fresh out of flying school pilot's shoes.

However, that is the whole point of susi air: they employ those category of pilots because they can pay them a ridiculous salary, they wont just walk out of there because they have loans to pay or whatever bill, and they are much easier to control than a 45 year old, 7500 hour pilot.

I agree that everyone has to get started somewhere but that doesnt mean letting yourself be enslaved by signing some ridiculous "bond".

Working in any country illegally is an offence.
If a 300 hour, 21 year old kid is going to fly right hand seat in a caravan for 600 usd per month for one year, the least you can do is organize him/her all the legalities so he can have some pride in what he/she is doing.

Like cintamu said if flying for a dodgy outfit is the only option you have, maybe you should consider doing something else for a while.
It's tough after spending all this money on your cpl/ir but in the long term you'll be proud you made the right choice.

As to alcoholism, there has been so many cases of susi air pilots flying while still drunk, good thing they had an FO they could rely on.

-Medan: one pilot flies 4 legs and keeps spewing from start up to shut down.
The FO did all the work, the captain did all he/she could not to pass out.

- Papua: one pilot shows up at work for the early morning flight, he vomited several times on the apron, in front of the pax, he has to be taken back to the mess

- Jakarta: a training captain takes 6 or 7 new recruits on a night out

- Pangandaran: bamboo bar

etc ...

Polite, respectful: calling ATC f... ing idiot ...
Ask Medan Director staff how polite and respectful some susi air pilots are

I rest my case.
Thanks for reading this.