PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 18:55
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY at NCL

Like a few folks on here I am equally concerned about the lack of a Winter timetable from NCL.

I did mention on here 18 months ago, before the closure of EMA was announced, that I was concerned that EZY had lost interest in NCL and we were becomming a stagnant base like EMA at the time. I hope we are not about to follow EMA to closure of an EZY base!

The lack of route development at NCL is concerning. The fact ezy routes are mainly to leisure destinations can't help. EZY has dropped NCL routes to Prague, Berlin and Copenhagen. Had frequencies cut to Stansted, Bristol, Belfast and Paris. Rome, Geneva, Palma and Nice that were initially year round have become seasonal. All this can't help NCLs case.

On the subject of announcing last year that NCL is one of EZY's more profitable bases, I would take this statement with a note of caution. A similar statement concerning how BMI Baby were performing at MME was given before they pulled the base. EZY also gave, I believe a similar statement about EMA just 2 years before they announced the closure. Finally an airline publically issuing a statement about how well an airport is doing appears to be similar to a football Chairman publically saying how well a manager is doing, this normally has the result of a P45 arriving on his desk a week later!

Hopefully ill still be proved wrong