PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Future Brize 'hiccups'
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 02:52
TheInquisitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I'm 100% correct - Tac AT sorties are the only sorties during which the CB can be pulled. If it used to be practice decades ago to pull it during MCTs it certainly isn't now.

And as a second point - flaps have to move to 70% or greater with the gear up for the horn to sound, and yes you cannot cancel this warning.

It's always nice to be factually correct although this is a rumour forum
Blighter, thank you for the correction - I knew there was a figure of 70% in my head for some reason.

But I will restate what I said earlier - Tac sorties are the only place where the checks call for the CB to be pulled. That does not mean you cannot pull a CB for other reasons, for example to disable a distracting and unnecessary persistent warning with its detriment to flight safety - as long as you remember to reset it before actually landing (by pencilling it into the checks). The checks are not the 'be all and end all' and decisions on what is thought to be most conducive to flight safety at the time are down to the crew. I assure you I have seen this practice several times, and my experience on the K fleet was not 'decades ago'. It did not happen on every sortie, but it DID happen, although I suspect that may now be reviewed...