PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Future Brize 'hiccups'
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 17:53
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
When I first started working with relatively modern aircraft, I was interested to note the totally different towards C/Bs. For example, a tripped C/B is never routinely reset in civil-certified aircraft, it seems. Only certain listed C/Bs are allowed to be tripped and reset; normally this is to reboot certain avionic computers. This was frequently needed in the early days of the FMS800 installation in the VC10K when (I think) UF21 often had to be tripped and reset to restore the FMS after power was transferred from external to internal power. Most navigators were taught to do this - although the idiot Kelvin Rucksack once claimed to know what he was doing (well, he must have done as he was a Gp Capt...). The next thing I knew was that my AI failed.... So he was invited back upstairs and instead a (very) competent NCO did the job for him....which included restoring power to my AI!

If there is this requirement on TAC AT sorties, is there an associated checklist to confirm reset? Not being huggy-fluffy, but surely that would be reasonable?

Neptunus Rex, it's a long time since I left the RAF, but I thought that (apart from death/injury/total loss), the definition of an accident was associated with the Cat of damage? Cat 1 wouldn't be, but Cat 5 certainly would.

Last edited by BEagle; 15th May 2010 at 21:27.