PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Future Brize 'hiccups'
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 10:18
Blighter Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blighter, you are partially correct, in that TacAT sorties are the only place that the CHECKS call for pulling the CB, however it's not uncommon, as I recall, to do so when practising multiple sim assy events on an MCT. The warning horn going on and off constantly is a major distraction. It was usual, if the CB had been pulled, to pencil it into the checks for the final pre-landers so it wasn't forgotten.

The horn CAN be cancelled, if it was set off by throttle retardation, but it's a soft cancel, it will go off again and again if the throttle is left in just the right position (see my original post). The other event that sets off the horn is flaps selected greater than 50% with gear up - in this case the horn will not cancel, hence pulling the CB for Tac sorties, since some drop profiles call for more than 50% flap.
Actually I'm 100% correct - Tac AT sorties are the only sorties during which the CB can be pulled. If it used to be practice decades ago to pull it during MCTs it certainly isn't now.

And as a second point - flaps have to move to 70% or greater with the gear up for the horn to sound, and yes you cannot cancel this warning.

It's always nice to be factually correct although this is a rumour forum