PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beijing multiple Runway and STAR changes
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 01:45
caucatc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes,I am here ,thank you ATCO Two.
I will read that and answer your questions ,but what I am saying does not stand for CAAC ,is only for my personal opinion.
Currently runway is a big problem ,crew always want to reduce taxiing time ,like aircrafts whose parking bay is at T3,but they come into approach space from KM or BOBAK ,according to the AIP ,they should land on runway 36L/18R ,but that gonna take 20minutes to taxi.
Normally pilot will reqeust runway 36R or 01 when they call us at the first time ,but one thing you should know is that we need time to think about that also ,like other aircrafts come from east but parking bay are in T1 and T2 would like use 36R or 36L ,we need to make a lot of converging traffic and keep them safe all the time ,that is not a easy thing !!!
So normally we will find a space and try our best to reduce your taxiing time ,it is true that sometimes we notice you change of runway a little late ,but if you think it is too late to change ,ok ,tell us .
If you can use 36R is hard to tell at the initial contact ,because that is use for departure mainly ,we need to check if there were heavy departure traffic on that runway .
If you have any further questions ,you can send me an email :[email protected] but all of my answers are only my personal opinions ,and also you can check the posts I have send here before ,I have explained something which you may interested to a Dutch pilot .

Last edited by caucatc; 15th May 2010 at 02:09.