PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 20:08
airhumberside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regards to FR/DUB the average load factor was indeed around 50% but reports indicated busy weekend flights, therefore the midweek flights must have been seriously empty

As for Flybe adding more 'sun' routes, I'm not sure it will be anything significant. Firstly they are w patterns, and will probably require a crew change at HUY. Secondly most Flybe EMB-195's are busy in weekday morning/evening with domestics (BE's core business) and don't have time to do say SOU-AGP-HUY-AGP-SOU in between domestic flights. So apart from maybe peak summer when domestics get cut back, I don't see any weekday Flybe flights. Hopefully for Summer 2011 Malaga will get a longer operating season, maybe a midweek flight in August. Maybe a Palma or Alicante on a Saturday. But not much more than that.

The only option for significant growth at HUY I can see is Jet 2, and how long has that been talked about ... Sadly I think we will be getting excited about extended operating seasons and a new weekly flight to Tunisia for quite a while yet. Talking of charters, I hope the HUY team have been taking note of NWI's recent charter growth