PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest route to fATPL...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 09:29
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okavango
It seem from looking at some of your other posts you are looking at the cheapest route to get a FROZEN ATPL Licence.

I have not come across any one yet with 200hrs on the dot to get a flying job. I could be wrong?

also if you fail to get a job within a year of the date of your IR-SPA-ME test you have to renew it again. Thats why over 90% of people do there IR last. Otherwise your wasting around 6 weeks or more, (weather permiting) off the time you have on the IR renewal date. - or + doing MCC or then JOC after finishing the course. That time can come around very quickly again to pay more money to renew the ratings again.

Also another thing: be careful not to do all your training at different places. Flybe, Easyjet, British Airways etc will not take you on if you did your training at several different places.

PPL Licence is fine to do anywhere
hour building is fun time for yourself.

however doing your ATPL ground school, CPL, Multi Engine and IR SPA ME all at different school could not get you at job becuase it shows your not willing to stay very long at one place at a time.