PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man fires at helicopter (or .... Welcome to "RotorBlast". Do not enter if .... etc)
Old 21st Jul 2002, 15:13
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Nick,

Ease up Dude! Here is a quote of part of my initial post which you kinda skipped over I think.....

"There are plenty of laws that administer how those guns can be used and no one can reasonably endorse the misuse of a deadly weapon. But the miss use of a a weapon by a citizen does not begin to be an excuse for the Government to remove the guns from the hands of the other law abiding citizens of the United States. "

I am not an NRA member....am slightly more right leaned than left leaned....depends upon the issue but I do feel strongly in the preservation of our individual liberties.

Might I remind you the FBI sniper at Ruby Ridge had a "Shoot on sight order for Randy Weaver." From my years in law enforcment both as a local and a federal agent, I never heard of such a thing....but even so, after the FBI sniper shot and killed Weaver's wife while she was holding an infant in her arms....thinking she was Weaver.....the asshole got a bonus and promotion. You might gather, being right winged and conservative....that I have little angst over shooting dangerous armed and threatening felons who are posing a direct threat to someone's life, but Nick....I swear I do not believe the baby could be considered a dangerous weapon while the Mom was standing behind a screen door. Nor do I think the government is ever entitled to issue a "Shoot on sight" order against any citizen. There is a concept of "Due Process" here. Also, a right to be secure in our person and belongings.