PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF band in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 06:20
GreenKnight121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again with the totally false & uninformed US-bashing!

The Russian role in WW2 IS taught in US schools... in any course (from elementary school on through University courses) that covers the War in Europe.

The Siege of Leningrad, the Battle of Stalingrad, and the push through Eastern Europe were all afforded their own sections of every text on WW2 I ever saw in my schooling.

The Lend-Lease support for the Soviets and the Murmansk convoys are also covered, along with the massive tank battles of the Eastern Front... and the numbers of troops and casualties were listed to show how much more intense the fighting was when compared to the Allied push through France.

However, also included was the initial German-Soviet Non-aggression Pact, and the Soviet participation (in co-ordination with Germany) in the defeat of Poland in 1939!

Why you "across the pond" hold to the distorted and incorrect view that Hollywierd's garbage is an accurate reflection of how the US views the world is just beyond me... the majority of Americans are quite aware of how distorted that crap is, whether they know the real story or not.