PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EY or EK?
Thread: EY or EK?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 05:54
gtaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

first off i would not consider joining either. try to join someone else preferably closer to home and forget the sandpit. if i could turn back the clock 5 years i certainly would maybe have thought different.

i think mixed fleet 320/330 at ey can be a good lifestyle u get best of both worlds short haul and long haul, BUT the programme for mixed fleet is in its infancy and to be fair is too early to criticise. if they ever get the balance of mixed fleet to say roughly 50/50 it would be great i think.

a while back we hardly had any layover trips on 319/320 but now things have got better and i think we have MSQ, DME , TRV and CMB which i think is not bad for a narrowbody lifestyle.

working from AUH and living in DXB is fun again getting the best of both worlds, But this could change overnight if housing department has there way.

i think command prospects at ey are still way better then most other airlines, especially as ek has so many more pilots.

and lastly i have been fortunate to commute home every month so it makes all the difference and keeps me happy.... for now !

good luck on your decision making....

gta